Thursday, June 29, 2023

Fort Lauderdale Eats: Just Spoons

                                              


One of the things that I love the most about traveling is eating! I'm a major foodie. If the food is not good, the trip is not an enjoyable experience for me.


Recently my close friend and I travelled down to Fort Lauderdale, Florida and decided to check out an up-and-coming brunch spot named "Just Spoons". I learned about this cafe from my coworker and immediately made a reservation. Please make a reservation. When we arrived the wait time was an hour.


The spot is located in Plantation, Florida off of Broward Blvd. It is in a shopping plaza and is quite small, but the food is amazing. Upon arriving, we were seated and our server, Mohammed, greeted us. He was phenomenal! We decided to order separate everything to fully review the restaurant. For our drinks I order the mango pineapple lemonade while my friend order the tropical twist.

The drinks were around $7 and were not refillable which is ok. One drink lasted us for our entire experience. Our drinks were refreshing, delicious and SWEET! My friend had to dilute her drink with a little water while I alternated between my lemonade and water.


For food, I ordered the catfish and grits with a side honey-butter croissant. She ordered the fried chicken with red velvet french toast. The croissant came out first. I am a HUGE croissant lover, but this was beyond my wildest dreams. As soon as I placed it in my mouth, I immediately told me friend that she must try it. When she placed a piece in her mouth, we both stared at each other, silenced, and nodding our heads. It was one of the BEST things that I have ever tasted. It was sweet and flaky ... savory and heavenly! It was so good that we ordered two each to go.

By this time both of us were truly excited about what the actual meal would be like .. and the meal did not disappoint. The catfish was very seasoned and just yummy. 24 hours later and my friend is still talking about it lol. It was her first-time experiencing fish and grits together and it's safe to say that she is sold.


The meal also comes with 2 eggs and a choice of bread. I selected the croissant for an addition $2. Next up was the chicken and french toast. I love red velvet everything and you can never go wrong with a piece of fried chicken. Yet in comparison to everything else, this combination was just ok. The chicken is seasoned thoroughly but probably would been better with the french toast if it was chicken wings instead of a chicken breast. It was still delicious, and we still consumed every morsel


We are definitely planning on returning and trying more menu items. If you're ever in South Florida, do yourself a favor and check them out.


Just Spoons

7023 W Broward Blvd, Plantation, FL

No comments:

Post a Comment