Thursday, July 13, 2023

Top 5 countries with the BEST food

Okay. So, here's the thing about your girl. I like to eat. 😊Yeah, I'm a big foodie.  Actually, it's one of my requirements for rating a place as good, bad or indifferent. Your country or city has to have good food in order for me to recommend fellow travelers to visit. You can be beautiful with great adventures but if the food is trash, I can't return ... nor can I recommend you. Yes, I'm looking at you Barbados. 😒 So here are my top five countries with the best food. 



1. Costa Rica

Oh my God. Costa Rica is such a vibe. But more importantly, the food is so good.  I have never had a bad meal in Costa Rica. I've been to Costa Rica twice; the first time that I went I wasn't too happy with the country. However, although I wasn't that happy with the country, I was always happy with the food. The food was so good that it made me overlook a lot of things and return to Costa Rica again a mere three months later with my daughter. Even my daughter proclaimed that the food was "bussin". 😂 The rice and beans are hands down the best rice and bean on the planet ... sorry Jamaica.  You cannot have a bad meal in Costa Rica. I would go back to Costa Rica just to eat. I would LIVE in Costa Rica just to eat. Such good food 




2. Kenya. 

I took my friend with me to Kenya so she can vouch for me when I say this..... the food in Kenya is delicious! Now I feel like I have to make a disclaimer here because we went to two different parts of Kenya and only one part had amazing food. We went to Nairobi for like 4-5 days and then we went to Mombasa for two days. So, when I say the food in Kenya is the bomb, please know that I am talking about the food in Nairobi. I did not care for the food in Mombasa at all.  Every restaurant that we went to in Nairobi was good. The franchise coffee market? GOOD! The hole in the wall joint? GREAT!  One night we stayed in and ordered from Uber eats and that was even AHMAZING! It was just a burger place but hands down they had the best burgers I've ever had in my life. My friend agreed and til this day we still drool and talk about those burgers. Just amazing. Amazing food. Just like Costa Rica, I'll go back to Kenya just to eat. Matter of fact, I have been looking for a Kenyan restaurant in the United States because there are so many different African restaurants that are Ethiopian, West African. etc Unfortunately I haven't found any yet and it makes me sad because if a Kenyan restaurant was to open in the United States, I would be their number one guest.  



3 Jamaica 

Of course, Jamaica is going to be on the list. I mean, come on, it's Jamaica!  I think I eat Jamaican food the most growing up in South Florida, so I am familiar with the cuisine. However, one thing that I do want to discuss about Jamaica is the Devon House. It is located in Kingston, Jamaica and worth a visit. The food here is divine. While there I decided to be adventurous and order a Curry goat patty. This is only sold at the Devon House ... trust me I have searched high and low. You're not going to find this anywhere else in the world. Well, baby, let me tell you, it was the most delicious patty that I've ever had in my life. I've had dreams about that patty ok.  I want to go back to Jamaica for no other reason but to go to Kingston, go to the Devon House, and have that patty with a side of lemonade. Just delicious!


4. Aruba 

Believe it or not, I really like the food in Aruba. Aruba is a vibe. They have a variety of different cuisines so there is something for everyone. They have Trinidad, Jamaican, and Dutch restaurants. All of it was yummy. I ate at Big Mama's Grill on Baby Beach which is a Jamaican restaurant and O'Neill's near the red-light district. O'Neills is just perfection.  I can honestly and without hesitation say that O'Neill's has the best Jamaican food that I've ever had in my life.  Even better than the food that I had in Jamaica. Sorry, Jamaica again.  O'Neill's is also the place that got me addicted to jerk pork.  Since coming back home to United States, I've tried several times to find a place that had jerk pork, and it just doesn't taste the same. So, yeah, I would love to go back to Aruba just to eat at O'Neills. Also, they're Dutch pancakes were very, very delicious. 



5. Brazil

Last but not least, coming in at number five is the country with the best food. The title is going to Brazil.  I mean, Brazil, Costa Rica and Kenya are just like my favorites and if I had to just pick one, I wouldn't be able to do it. 


But Brazil has amazing food. What I like the most about the food in Brazil is that not only did it taste amazing, but it was very affordable with huge portions. One time I ordered this seafood soup, and it was enough for me and my friend..... with leftovers bih! It was also very cost effective. We went out for my birthday dinner, and I remember just ordering like a ton of different items. I just kept ordering and ordering....and then it came up to like $50 in United States dollars. So yeah, Brazil is definitely recommended. Also, I had the BEST churro that I have ever had in my life (I swear I'm not lying) in Brazil for only 1 USD. 


So, here's my list top five countries with the best food. What would you add? What are you surprised by? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment